A Hug from Home
Throughout the month of July, Stockbridge Community Church will be collecting letters to send to our active service men and women currently deployed. You can drop off a letter at the Vet Connect table, located in the lobby.
Writing a letter is a meaningful way for Americans to show support for our military. It’s a great opportunity for the whole family to get involved and it only takes a few minutes of your day but can bring lasting joy to our troops!
- Letters must be handwritten and on 1 piece of unsealed paper smaller than 8.5 x 11
- No greeting cards or photographs
- Do not use glue, staples, glitter, etc. on the letter other than pictures drawn with crayons & markers
- Letters should be uplifting and communicate support and encouragement of the deployed service member without any political viewpoint or suggestive language regarding the state of the nation
- Start your letter with a salutation, such as “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Hero”
- Be positive and keep things light
- Let them know you support them and say thank you for their service
- Share your favorite uplifting quote or Bible verse
- Talk about home but stay away from things happening in the news
- Kids: tell your favorite joke and draw an encouraging picture
- Letters do not have to be long, just written from the heart