Stockbridge Community Church Reopening
We are excited to be open! In the last several weeks, we have monitored guidelines and best practices for gathering in a safe way. Our weekend services have been redesigned to create a sanitary, touchless environment that allows for physical distancing.
Our online services will continue as well at 9am 10:30am & 12pm on this website, Facebook Live, & YouTube Live 🙂
SCC Kids Place and Kids Place Jr. are open!
SCC Students is reopening on-campus July 5 @ 5:30pm and can also be viewed on Instagram Live!
- Hand Sanitizing Stations will be set up throughout and at each check-in computer
- Social distancing markers will be on the floor. (Using our SCC logo of course!)
Kids Place Junior – (Birth-Kindergarten)
- Parents will enter hallways incrementally during check-in as needed to avoid crowding
- Each age group will stay in their rooms for the entirety of service (No Large Group at this time)
- Kids may spread out at the tables provided for them in each room when coloring or doing activities
- We will not serve snacks for the first few weeks. This does not include bottle feeding
- Parents will exit through West Auditorium after check-in/check out to observe a one-way traffic pattern
Kids Place Elementary – (1st-5th Grade)
- When possible, kids may enter the stairwell unattended to the game room to keep cross-traffic to a minimum
- Kids may play in the game room as they arrive. Games are spaced out to avoid crowding
- Hand sanitizer will be available as kids enter the Kid’s Auditorium
- We will assist kids in spreading out when arriving at the Kid’s Auditorium for seating
- Kids will check out from the Kids’ Auditorium and exit with parents through the Chill Zone stairwell
- Disinfecting areas will take place after each service and additionally during the week
- Separate Toys/Game Items will be designated for each service
- Temperature checks will be taken as children and volunteers enter the Kid’s Areas
This is not an exhaustive list and measures may be added or taken away as needed
Students (Middle School / High School) – Reopening on-campus July 5 @ 5:30pm
- Temperature Checks will be taken at the door. We ask that if you are not feeling well that you remain at home until you are feeling better. We will ask that parents remain outside when dropping off or picking up students. They are still welcome to use the drive-thru and have their child come to them at dismissal.
- We will provide Social Distancing for worship in the Student Auditorium.
- Games during large group time will be no-touch.
- Sanitizing bathroom areas will take place after Sunday Morning Services. During student services, we will disinfect video game areas and provide hand sanitizer throughout the area. Check-in attendants will assist your student with no touch check-in.
- Individually pre-packaged food only will be served.
We Will Work Together to Stay Healthy
What we’re doing:
- Our Greeters will provide hand sanitizer as you enter the building
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- All Stockbridge Community Church services will be touchless experience.
- SCC Kids Place and Kids Place Jr are open.
- Water fountains will not be open or usable.
- Offering buckets will not be passed. Instead, there will be an area in the back of the auditorium for guests who want to give.
- All seatback materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
- Message notes will be emailed to you.
How you can help:
- If you don’t feel well or have health concerns, please stay home and join us online.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests.
- Stay informed.
Stockbridge Community Church Online
For the past several weeks, we’ve been grateful for the ability to worship together online, and we encourage you to continue to attend church online, if you or a family member doesn’t feel well, or if you’re just not ready to attend church at our physical location. You’re part of the SCC family no matter where you choose to attend!
SCC Online is also a great option if you want to invite a friend to join you! There are three service times to choose from 9:00am, 10:30am, or 12:00pm head to sccview.net, Facebook Live, or YouTube Live to experience worship, the message, and the community of your church family.
Kids Place and Student Ministry
For online viewers:
Kids Bible Lessons can still be found each week in weekly emails and on Kids Place social media pages.
Student Ministry Services will still be available on Instagram Live.
Your Generosity Is Making a Difference
You have invested through your gifts to SCC to do kingdom work in our community. So far, this is what you’ve made possible:
- Over 40 people around the world have said yes to a relationship with Christ through the online platforms.
- We’ve provided meals for front line medical staff in the hospital, medical offices and also grocery store workers.
- We donated blood through Life South.
- We have given to our ministry partner Helping in His Name food bank meeting the needs of those struggling with food insecurity.
And we’re just getting started! We like to say at SCC, “When You Give, People Live.” You can join what God is doing by giving any time at sccview.net/give.